We are delighted to be working with The Moveable Feast Workshop Company on Points of Contact, a workshop that aims to provide creative nutrition for writers and visual artists by allowing them some facilitated space to explore new possibilities and collaborations.
Using storytelling, printmaking, dialogue and writing we will:
- Explore the relationship between the visual and the literary
- Exchange ideas
- Work in different combinations
- Produce individual and collective work
- Explore different materials
- Be playful
- Eat and be well refreshed
- Have reflective time
- Dream a little…
Sat Jan 23rd 2016. 10.00am-4.00pm
Cross Corners Arts Centre, Thurcaston Road, Leicester. LE4 5PE
The day will be facilitated by Tony Gee (Director of Moveable Feast Workshop Company, School of Workshop and Creation Myth Puppets) and Simon Ripley (Director of Double Elephant Print Workshop). Tony is a workshop artist, puppeteer, teller of tales, lecturer and author. Over the last year he has produced several large-scale shows, facilitated events for artists and worked with indigenous youth as a research affiliate at the Indigenous Peoples Health Research Centre in Saskatchewan. Simon is a printmaker who has been running print workshops in diverse settings for over 20 years. He recently completed a residency at The Flatbed Press in Austin, Texas and is facilitating the “Redefining Print” symposium in Exeter.
If you are a visual artist or writer based in the Midlands who is comfortable with your own practice and willing to try something new this could be for you.
To apply: please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
- The art form(s) you work in
- What you hope to gain from the day
- A short outline of your experience within your artform